Oct 17, 2017
John welcomes Grant Faulkner, Executive Director of NaNoWriMo and author of Pep Talks for Writers, to discuss the writing process and how to get out of your own way creatively.
We explore the ubiquity of the Other Syndrome and the perils of envy. We also look at pen names, “throw-away writing,” and the advantages of being a beginner.
* Grant Faulkner’s website and Wikipedia
* Pep Talks for Writers by Grant Faulkner is available here.
* You can participate in NaNoWriMo, too!
* I’m Your Man: The Life of Leonard Cohen by Sylvie Simmons
* The Last Invention of Man: How AI might take over the world by Max Tegmark
* The Scriptnotes Listeners’ Guide!
* The USB drives!
* John August on Twitter
* Grant Faulkner on Twitter
* John on Instagram
* Find past episodes
* Outro by Rajesh Naroth (send us yours!)
Email us at email@example.com
You can download the episode here.