John and Craig offer advice to those who suspect their work has been stolen, providing a checklist to help determine if a claim has merit and suggestions for how to best proceed if it does.
We also answer listener questions about taxes on agent commission, being a conservative voice in a writers’ room, and using real celebrities as characters.
* Firelight, the How Could This Be A Movie that is, indeed, a movie
* Amazon’s deal for The Lord of the Rings TV rights
* Amanda Hess’ Twitter response to Sarah Sahim’s accusation of plagiarism
* Nokia Thermo
* Google Maps’s Moat by Justin O’Beirne
* The Scriptnotes Listeners’ Guide!
* The USB drives!
* John August on Twitter
* Craig Mazin on Twitter
* John on Instagram
* Find past episodes
* Outro by Matthew Chilleli and the Children’s Bell Choir of Akita (send us yours!)
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download the episode here.